When it comes to celebrity dieting, few experiences are better known than the Kirstie Alley weight loss experience that took the actress’s size down by one hundred pounds. She has been associated with several diet programs. For a number of years, she was the spokesperson for Jenny Craig. Since then, she moved on to create her own program based on supplements.
What is the Kirstie Alley Weight Loss Program?
The new Kirstie Alley weight loss program is called Organic Liaison, and it is based on the efforts made by the actress and reality show star to provide the tools and supplements that will help an individual to lose pounds to become healthy again. It calls itself a “natural, healthy, and real solution to easy weight loss and long-term control.”
The Organic Liaison system starts with what they have called the Rescue Me Kit, which is designed to help its users win their own “Body Game” to feel better and reduce their body fat levels.
What’s in the Rescue Me Kit?
The kit comes with a number of different products, which starts with a one-month supply that can then be refilled as needed. These products include:
- A one-month membership to the program (valued at $15.95)
- An app for iPhones and iPads called Tools on the Go
- The first weight loss product that is USDA certified
- The Rescue Me, Nightingale, and Release me supplements for one month
- An elixir pump
- A glass bottle
- A manual for the Body Game
Organic Liaison Diet Pills
The formulas of the Kirstie Alley weight loss Organic Liaison supplements were designed to help boost the body’s natural energy, reduce hunger pangs and cravings, support better rest, and encourage relaxation. They claim to be able to replenish minerals, eliminate toxins, and support the immune system so that the body is healthier throughout the dieting process.
Among the Kirstie Alley weight loss supplements are:
- Rescue Me – a USDA certified organic natural energy booster that helps maintain proper nutrition throughout the diet. It is also meant to be an appetite suppressant through the prebiotic fiber it contains.
- Nightingale – a natural sleep aid based on L-Tryptophan liquid to help to achieve a better and more restful sleep while reducing cravings for carbs.
- Release me – a natural muscle relaxant that helps to ease tension in the muscles and calm the nervous system. This product is in the form of a tea.
The Kirstie Alley weight loss program also contains a number of other supplements such as the Pagoda green tea product and the Relieve Me colon cleanser and dietary supplement.
In July 2012, both Kirstie Alley and Organic Liaison were hit with a class-action lawsuit. The suit alleged that Organic Liaison used deceptive Kirstie Alley weight loss pictures. It claimed that the before and after images of the spokesperson and owner made false weight loss promises.
The legal complaint was Abramyan v. Organic Liaison LLC, Organic Management, and Kirstie Alley, Case Number BC48873, California Superior Court – Los Angeles. It stated that “[i]n peddling the Organic Liaison Program, Ms. Alley attributes her weight loss to the program, but in reality, Ms. Alley’s weight loss is due to nothing more than the tried and true concept of diet and exercise.”
That said, in March 2013, a California state judge dismissed the case at the plaintiff’s request. However, following the headlines, substantial damage to the Kirstie Alley weight loss program and products was done. Still, the program and products still exist and remain popular, having recovered from the temporary reputation harm.